Saturday, January 31, 2009

Why Arizona?

Some of you have been asking why I moved to Arizona. There came a time in my life that I be came inactive and made some not good choices that put me farther and farther away then where I should have been. I stopped going to church all together and just didn't see going back to church in the future.
Heavenly Father did not like the plan and the path I was taking and so I lost my job and had to move out of my apartment and move in with my older sister Christy and I watched her kids while Christy and Bill worked. So I had a lot of time on my hands to think about things.
To make a really long story short the Lord told me that I need to move to Arizona and so here I am right now I am living with one of my missionary companions with her husband and 3 girls. It all comes down to that I need to be here in Arizona to repent. I need to be in the right place at the right time with the right priesthood leadership and it happnes to be in Arionza. I have a wonderful Bishopric who has been prepared for me. I am getting back to were I need to be and I am over joyed with all of the love that I am feeling from my Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the Parkes Family for taking me in and under their wing's while mine are broken. I know that the Atonement is real. I ama grateful for repentance it brings me hope and joy. I love my bishop he is such an amazing guy. I know the church is true. I am glad to be coming back to the fold. I am grateful to all my family and friends that have supported me in the decision that I have made to move here and change. This has been the greatest thing for me.

8 comments:

Karen P said...

We are happy to have you here!

Marlene said...

Good for you for making the choice to come back! Having been inactive myself, for too many years to count, I know how hard it is to come back. Stick with it!

Nat said...

I am so proud of you. That is tough. Don't let Brian starve for nothin you know.

Cherlelynn Bednar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherlelynn Bednar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travis and Celena said...

I am glad that I found your blog. It has been a while since you wrote it in, but I would love to be your blog buddy!

Email me and I will send you an invite. I had to make mine private. Loves!

Travis and Celena said...

I totally forgot to give you my email address. I am so lame!

TravisandCelenaPatten@gmail.com

mom2ky said...

Hey Mary Ann, I found your blog from Karen's blog. I hope you are doing well. I have had some challenges as well since the mission, but I always go back to my testimony of Christ and the gosepel. You wrote this almost a year ago, but I hope you are doing well. I'm jealous that you are in Arizona where it is WARM. I'm in the Idaho ARCTIC! Take Care!

Blog Archive